Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Transcript - Follow Your Nose

Agent0042 has sent me another transcript. Thanks!

"Follow Your Nose"

Written and Story Edited by Eric Weiner
Songs by Fred Newman and Dan Sawyer
Transcribed by Agent0042
(Agent0042: How can Eric Weiner have written something like this and then go and create something like "Dora the Explorer"? Anyway, in this very special double-length episode, created in partnership with the American Foundation for the Blind, the Otters and Flick meet a family of moles who have low vision and read using Braille. They learn how to use their other senses to get around. This episode features two songs. The first of them was featured on one of the Playhouse Disney albums, though I like the second song better. I mean, come on, it's a rock song! That's pretty cool. Anyway, enjoy the transcript. This one was a bit rough because my recording wasn't very great-- I did the best I could, but I can't guarantee that there aren't small portions that are inaccurate.)


Characters

Adam Rose as Peanut Otter
Jenell Brook Slack as Jelly Otter
Gina Marie Tortorici as Baby Butter Otter

Gwen Shepard as Opal Otter
Chris Phillips as Ernest Otter
Eddie Korbich as Flick Duck
Chris Phillips as Edward Mole
Jackie Hoffman as Molly Mole
Eddie Korbich as Nosey Mole
Mr. Mole
Mrs. Mole



Opal: "Follow Your Nose"



Opal: Have a good time, kids!
Peanut: We will!
Jelly: We will, Mama!
Opal: Ooh, I almost forgot. I packed a little something for your picnic.
Jelly: Thanks, Mama!
Opal: No peeking till your picnic. And don't go any further than Babbleberry Hill.
Peanut and Jelly: We won't.


Mrs. Mole: Nosey! Come down here! And shut the door behind you, please.
Mr. Mole: All right. Everybody ready?
Mrs. Mole: Ready.
Mr. Mole: Then let's get started.We're supposed ot be at Aunt Sally's by 2.
Mrs. Mole: Edward?
Edward: Okay, mom. Where mine?
Molly: This is yours. Me too, please.
Mr. Mole: Perfect day for a picnic, Mrs. Mole.
Mrs. Mole: Yep, truly that.

~~~An Oodely-Doodely Day~~~
Track 6, Playhouse Disney, Volume Two

[Moles]

Oodely oodle, skippety doodle, oodlely-doodely day
A skip, a poke, a little joke
We're off and on our way
A pack on our backs
We'll follow the tracks
And oh it's gonna be great
A perfect day, hip-hip-hooray
We can hardly wait

So exciting, exploring the walls and floors
So inviting, opening brand-new doors
(Hello!)

[Peanut, Butter and Jelly]

Oodely oodle, skippety doodle, oodlely-doodely day
A hop, a skip, we're on a trip
To places far away
We've packed a snack
A pic-a-nack
And oh what fun it'll be
A perfect day
We're on our way
To see what we can see

Smell the flowers
Adventure's round the bend
Sunny hours, meeeting brand-new friends


[PB&J and Moles]

Oodely oodle, skippety doodle, oodlely-doodely day
Oodely oodle, skippety do--

[PB&J]

It's an oodely-doodely day

[Moles]

It's an oodely-doodely day

[PB&J and Moles]

It's an oodely doodely day!



(all giggle)



Molly: Hey, Mama, when are we gonna stop for lunch?
Edward: Yeah, I'm gettin' hungry.
Mr. Mole: Let me check the time. Almost noon. Time for our picnic lunch.
Edward, Molly and Nosey: Yay!
Mrs. Mole: You kids go and play. We'll call you when we're ready.
Edward, Molly and Nosey: Okay!
Mrs. Mole: Stay out of trouble.
Edward, Molly and Nosey: Bye, Mama!


Jelly: This basket's kinda heavy.
Peanut: I know how we can make it lighter.
Peanut and Jelly: Let's eat!
Butter: Yay!
Jelly: Wonder what Mama packed for us.
Peanut: Yeah, now we can look.

(Flick pops up from behind the picnic basket.)

Flick: Surprise! (The others scream in surprise.)
Peanut: Flick, what are you doing here?
Flick: I can smell babbleberry pie a mile away.
Flick, Peanut and Jelly: Mmm, babbleberry pie.
Flick: My mouth is watering. Let's eat.
Butter: Yeah!
Peanut: Thanks, Butter.
Jelly: Babbleberry pie.
Flick: Uh oh! We'd better get out of here!
Peanut: What is it? What do you see?
Peanut and Jelly: Huh?
Peanut: It's a door.
Jelly: I've seen doors like that all over the forest.
Flick: Yeah, but do you know who lives behind those doors?
Jelly: I give up. Who?
Flick: Ah, cheese and quackers. Don't you know about moles?
Peanut: Sure we do. Dad's got a big one right on the back of his--
Flick: No, not that kind of mole. I'm talkin' about real moles.
Peanut and Jelly: Real moles?!
Flick: Strange creatures that dig dark tunnels under the earth. They're martial arts experts and they carry these numchucky stick weapon thingies!
Peanut: Now where did you hear that?
Jelly: Yeah. Who says?
Flick: Uh, everybody. Moles wear these dark glasses. That proves they're hiding something.
Jelly: No it doesn't.
Flick: And get this-- moles can't stand ducks. Or otters. (Butter starts crying.)
Peanut: Don't worry, Butter. Flick's just making up stories.
Jelly: Yeah, Flick. How come we've never seen one of these strange mole creatures of yours.
Flick: That's the thing. They'll hear you.
Jelly: Who?
Flick: Undergrounders. They live down under the ground.
Jelly: Uh uh.
Flick: Uh huh. Come on! We gotta get outta here before the moles find us and take us with their numchucky sticks! (He starts to run off, but notices that PB&J aren't. He gasps.) What are you doing?!
Jelly: We wanna see one of those moles.
Flick: Yeah, but I just finished telling ya'--
Jelly: Yeah, but I wanna decide for myself.
Flick: Oh!
Jelly: Hey, look, there's another door.
Edward: Nosey?!
Molly: Nosey, stay where you are! Nosey!
Flick: Moles aboard. We gotta get out of here! PB&J?!
Peanut: I wanna meet one of them.
Jelly: Let go! We're staying!

(All talk over each other. They don't realize that Butter has wandered away and met Nosey.)

Nosey: Hi!
Butter: Hi!
Nosey: Hi!
Butter: Hi! (They giggle and chatter.)
Flick: Well, I'm outta here. If you three otters wanna stay around and risk a mole attack-- (gasps) It's-- it's-- it's an undergrounder! Look, he's stealing our pie. Catch him! Catch him!
Jelly: Flick, wait! Slow down!
Flick: I'm not scared of him. He's a thief! He's got our pie!
Molly: Uh oh.
Edward: Come on.

(Everyone screams and shouts at each other.)

Butter: No!
Edward: Nosey.
Flick: Wha'?!
Edward: It's okay, Nosey.
Flick: What did I tell ya'?! Numchucks!
Edward: What's goin' on?
Flick: That little undergrounder stole our babbleberry pie.
Edward: Nosey would never steal anything.
Butter: No no no! No no!
Jelly: Flick Duck, hold your feathers. Um, my name is Jelly. Jelly Otter.
Molly: I'm Molly Mole. That's Edward. And that's my brother, Nosey.
Jelly: Molly, this is gonna sound crazy, but my friend Flick says you use those canes for martial arts. Uh, that's not true, right!


(Edward uses his cane to perform a series of mock-martial arts maneuevers. Flick screams in fear.)


Molly: Cut it out, Edward. We just use these to feel around in front of us so we know what's there.
Peanut: Why can't you just see what's there?
Flick: Because they're undergrounders!
Molly: Oh. 'Cause we can't see too well.
Peanut: You mean you can't see anything at all?
Molly: Well, a little. We can tell if it's really bright out. That's why we wear these dark glasses. The bright sun hurts our eyes.
Peanut and Jelly: Flick!
Flick: (chuckles nervously) Okay. But that little undergrounder took our pie. I mean, what do you think, Butter gave it to him?
Butter: Nosey! (The two giggle and cuddle affectionately.)
Peanut, Jelly, Edward and Molly: Awwww.
Flick: Okay, I was wrong. Can't a duck make a mistake?
Peanut: We're very sorry.
Flick: Okay, okay, me too. I keep tellin' 'em not to believe a word I say.
Edward: That's okay.
Flick: Look, Peanut, Bucky Spacebeaver!
Edward: What? You know Bucky?
Peanut: We've got the new issue right here.
Edward: Master Command, do you read me? Asteroids approaching!
Flick: Only Bucky Spacebeaver can save us now. Hey, how do you read this thing anyway?
Peanut: Yeah, what are all these little bumps?
Edward: It's called Braille. You use it when you can't see very well. It's kinda like a secret code.
Peanut, Jelly and Flick: Whoa!
Jelly: Hey, excuse me, Spacebeavers, but where did Butter go?
Molly: Yeah. And where's Nosey?
Peanut: They're gone!
Edward: Nosey doesn't know his way around out here.
Molly: We gotta find them!


(Everyone starts calling out Nosey and Butter's names, hoping to get their attention. Nosey and Butter are off happily playing on their own and eating the pie.)


Jelly: Peanut, I'm getting worried.
Flick: Huh? Ah, cheese and quackers! Wait! Finding them is gonna be a piece of pie! Look! (He indicates a trail of pie crumbs.)
Peanut: Hey, look, there's a whole trail of crumbs!
Jelly: Come on!


(They follow the trail. But a crow appears and eats the crumbs.)


Crow: What a tasty trail of crumbs. Mmm mm! Well, see ya'! Caw caw caw!
Flick: So much for our trail.
Peanut: Now what? (They all start shouting out again.)
Flick: Now what?
Peanut: So we can't follow a trail of crumbs if there aren't any crumbs.
Edward: Oh, yes we can.
Others: Huh?
Edward: All ya' gotta do is follow your nose.
Jelly: Hey, good thinking.
Molly: My brother once won a sniffing contest.
Peanut: Hey, I smell babbleberries!
Edward: This way!
Flick: This never woulda happened if I'd eaten that pie.

(They find Butter and Nosey and cheer.)

Edward: Oh wow. Oh, thank goodness!
Flick: Oh no!
Peanut and Jelly, Edward and Molly: What?
Flick: They ate all the pie! I think I'm gonna cry. (burps, everyone giggles)
Mrs. Mole: Edward! Molly! Nosey!
Edward: We're over here, ma!
Molly: Oh, I've got an idea. Don't go away, anyone! ... ... Mom says it's okay for you to come to our picnic. She baked clamberry cookies for dessert.
Flick: Clamberry cookies?! Oh, yum!
Peanut: Hey, Jelly, isn't that great? Jelly?
Jelly: You want us to go underground? Oh, uh, well, I'd like to, but, uh, I kinda gotta go. My mama doesn't like if we're gone too long.
Molly: Oh, okay.
Peanut: Jelly, why are you saying that?
Jelly: I'll tell you later.
Flick: Does this mean I don't get any clamberry cookies?
Molly: Well, it was nice to meet you.
Peanut, Jelly and Flick: Bye!
Edward: Come on, Molly, let's go.
Jelly: It's just that I'm kind of, sorta, really, scared of the dark.
Flick: What did you say?!
Jelly: I'm scared of the dark!
Molly: What? Why would anybody be scared of the dark?
Jelly: Well, how would I find my way around down there?
Molly: It's not so hard. You use your nose and your hands and your ears.
Peanut: Yeah. Just like we found Butter and Nosey.
Molly: Here, I'll show you! You ever play Follow the Leader?
Jelly: Uh huh.
Molly: Well, this game's called Following the Cave. Hey, you can play. I got one. Now, Jelly, take my hand. Now, what you do is you just kinda swing back and forth real easy and make sure there's nothing in front of you. There ya' go.
Jelly: Am I gonna bump into somethin'?
Molly: Don't worry. You'll feel it before ya' do.
Jelly: Nothing... nothing... Cave

(All cheer for Jelly.)

Edward: Use your ears Jelly.
Jelly: Clamberry Creek!
Edward: That-a-way.
Jelly: That sounds like the creek. I can do it! I can find my way around in the dark!


[The Otters, The Moles and Flick]

You've got follow your nose, follow your nose
Feel around the ground with your tippy-toes
Follow your nose, eyes stay closed
Open up your ears and just suppose

[Edward]

There's a better way of lookin' around

[Edward and Molly]

Just open up your senses
Touch and skip and use your ears
Open up and lose your fears

[Jelly]

All I've gotta do is follow my nose, follow my nose
Feel around the ground with my tippy-toes

[Peanut]

Follow my nose, eyes stay closed
Open up my ears and just suppose

[The Otters, The Moles and Flick]

There's another way of lookin' around
Just open up your senses
Touch and skip and use your ears
When we open our minds, fears disappear!

And we'll just follow our nose, follow our nose
Feel around the ground with our tippy-toes
Follow our nose, eyes stay closed
Open up our ears and just suppose

There's another way of lookin' around
Just open up our senses
Touch and skip and use our ears
When we open our minds, fears disappear
Our fears disappear!


Jelly: Be right back!
Edward: Hey, where ya' goin'?
Jelly: To ask my mama if I can come to lunch!
Flick: Don't eat all the cookies while we're gone!
Opal: They invited you to lunch? Well, isn't that nice? Are Mr. and Mrs. Mole gonna be there too?
Peanut and Jelly: Uh huh!
Opal: Jelly, are you gonna be okay? It'll be mighty dark.
Jelly: I'm not afraid. Too much.
Peanut: Yeah. 'Cause Edward and Molly showed us how to find our way around in the dark.
Jelly: Hey! I'll wear my Super Jellina Cape of Fearlessness.
Opal: Lucky thing I just finished mending it. Here you go.
Jelly: (as triumphant theme plays) Wow! I feel super-fearless. Thanks, Mama!
Opal: You're welcome, Jellina.


(The Otters and Flick return to the moles. There are sounds of laughter and chattering.)

Jelly: She said it was okay.
Butter: Nosey, Nosey!
Peanut: Come on, let's go eat, guys. Cool.
Jelly: Now, Baby Butter, just 'cause it's really dark down there, I don't want you to get scared, okay?
Butter: (clearly not scared at all) Whee!
Molly: Well, this is it, Jelly. You ready?
Jelly: Ready. (ominous music plays) Not ready!
Molly: Jelly, I'm gonna be with you the whole time.
Jelly: Okay. And I've also got my Super Jellina Cape of Fearlessness, so here goes nothing. I did it! I did it! I did it!
Flick: Cheese and quackers, would you stop jumping on my toes?
Jelly: Sorry.
Mr. Mole: Lunch is served!
Edward: Oh boy. (They all cheer and enjoy the picnic.)
Jelly: I love these mushroom salad sticks. Are they hard to make?
Mrs. Mole: Oh, it's easy if you do it right, Jelly.
Edward: Hey, guys, now that we're finished reading, you want to read our comic book?
Flick: Sure! But how are we gonna read in the dark?
Edward: I can read in the dark, no problem. I just move my fingers over these bumps.

(He reads a bit and they all indicate they're taking off.)

Mr. Mole: Be sure you come right back, Edward. We've still got a long trip ahead of us.
Edward: Oh, we're just walking them out.
Peanut: There's still something I don't get. Who digs all these big tunnels?
Edward: (giggles) We do. Digging tunnels is what moles do best. It's easy as pie!

(Nosey shouts happily and starts to dig a tunnel.)

Molly: Nosey, no, not now!
Jelly: What's he doing?
Peanut: I hear digging.
Molly: Nosey, stop it. Come on, Nosey!
Jelly: Stop! Don't leave me!
Molly: Oops, sorry, Jelly! Here I am!
Jelly: Come back! Where are you!? Ahh! Ahh!
Molly: Jelly!
Jelly: Molly!
Molly: Follow my voice.
Jelly: Okay. Only one problem.
Molly: What's that?
Jelly: I'm too scared to move.
Peanut: Okay, I know what to do. Whenever we're really stuck on a problem, we do a Noodle Dance to help us think of ideas.
Jelly: Dance?! I can't even see!
Peanut: Jell, you don't need to see to use your noodle.


Noodle, use your noodle
Noodle, do the Noodle Dance
Use your noodle, use your brain


Jelly: I've got it! I'll get a super-powerful sunstick, stick it in the tunnel and boom. I can see where I'm going!
Peanut: Great idea, Jelly. But how are you going to get a super-powerful sunstick when you can't find your way out of the tunnel? (Jelly screams.)
Molly: Jelly, wait. I've got another idea. Remember when we were playing Follow Your Nose?
Jelly: I don't feel like playing games right now. Sorry.
Molly: But you weren't scared when you were wearing my bandana over your eyes.
Jelly: That's 'cause I wasn't underground!
Molly: How do you know you're underground now? Use that cape of yours to cover your eyes. You can pretend you're anywhere!
Jelly: That's right! My Super Jellina Cape of Fearlessness will help calm me down. Uh oh! () my cape is gone! (screams) What do I do now?
Molly: Use your arms, Jelly. What do you feel?
Jelly: I found a string. This feels like... hey this isn't a string. It's yarn from my cape! It must have snagged on something. I know. I can follow the string right out of the tunnel. I'm saved! (The others all cheer for her.)

Molly: I can here you, Jelly. Keep coming this way. Hey, there you are.
Edward: Are you okay? Well, here you go.
Flick: So, now that I know you're not an evil numchuckin' undergrounder, you wanna come over for babbleberry pie sometime?
Edward: Sure, but you'd better watch out. I'm a martial arts expert.
Flick: Ah ha ha ha. (all giggle)
Edward: How about a Bucky Spacebeaver salute?
Flick: Da da da da da!
Jelly: Thanks for everything, Molly. Well, bye.
Molly: Bye.


Opal: Jelly was so excited. Seems like she's really getting over being afraid of the dark.
Jelly: You got that right, mama. Huh?
Opal: Jelly Otter, what are you doing up so late?
Jelly: I came for some pie.
Ernest: How did you know we were having pie?
Jelly: That's easy. I just followed my nose.

(Everyone laughs.)

No comments:

Post a Comment