Thursday, May 21, 2009

Transcript - Bagpipe Blues (incomplete)

Sorry, but I don't have access to a complete English copy of this episode yet, so this is the best I could do.

I appoloize for the question marks at the end. The audio quality, as stated in my collection guide, is hard to hear at the end. I'll try to get that fixed soon.


Bagpipe Blues

(from the start of the recording)

Jelly: We’ll just have to go get Mom.

Peanut: No! She’ll be very mad! We can handle this ourselves.

Jelly: We can? How?

Butter: Me, three.

Peanut: Easy! We just…well…first we…okay, I don’t know yet.

Butter: Uh oh.

Peanut: Uh oh. It’s the Watchbirds! Hide!!

(PB&J run behind a bush)


The cranes fly behind the bush where PB&J are


Cap’n Crane: Watchbird alert! Watchbird alert! Did you kids see a suspicious character around here?

Connie Crane: A burglar type?

Peanut: A burglar?

Cap’n Crane: This morning, I noticed a burglar stealing your daddy’s bagpipes out of your house.

Peanut: You d-d-d-did?

Jelly: Peanut…

Peanut: Wasn’t me!!!!!

Cap’n Crane: He was about your height and your width, and the same color as you. You seen anybody like that?

Peanut: No sir. Nobody like that. Haven’t seen ‘em. Have you, Jelly?

Jelly: No comment.

Cap’n Crane: Too bad. We’d better keep looking, Connie. Bye, now.


They walk away.


Connie Crane: Did it ever occur to you that you were describing someone a lot like Peanut?

Cap’n Crane: Well, now. That’s a thought.

Connie Crane: Same height, same width, same—

Cap’n Crane: *gasp!* You’re right, Connie! Peanut Otter has an evil twin!

Connie Crane: Aw, Cap’n. I think it’s your naptime.

Cap’n Crane: Oh.



They fly away



Jelly: Peanut Otter! You are a big, fat liar!

Peanut: Am not! I haven’t seen any bagpipe burglar.

Jelly: That’s because you took the bagpipes, and then you big, fat lied on purpose! If you’d told the truth, they might have helped us get it back!



Munchy pops out of a bush


Munchy: Hey, Peanut. Hey, Jelly. Hey, Baby Butter. Are you all looking for (????), too?

Peanut: Looking for who, Munchy?

Munchy: The big, bad bagpipe burglar. Everyone on Lake Hoohaw is looking.

Peanut: Uh, yeah. Me, too.

Munchy: Your poor dad.

Peanut: Yeah. Yeah. We’ve all got to keep looking. So why don’t you go far away, and we’ll go look right here along the shore, okay? See ya, Munch. Bye, bye.


He walks away


Peanut: (cont’d; to Jelly) Come on! You’ve got to help me!

Jelly: Hmm.

Peanut: Pleeeeeeeeaaaaase!!!

Jelly: You keep saying we can get the bagpipes ourselves, but you haven’t said how.

Peanut: That’s ‘cause I haven’t thought of how.

Jelly: You wanna do the Noodle Dance?

Butter: Yay!

Peanut: You know, it just might be crazy enough to work!

Jelly: Ready, brain? Let’s noodle! (after Noodle Dance) I’ve got it! I’ve got an idea!

Peanut: Great! What is it?

Jelly: Why don’t you tell the truth? It’s the right thing to do, and you might get some real help.

Peanut: I thought you had a serious idea. I know! If we had a big, giant claw thing, I could reach in there and pull out the bagpipes.

Jelly: But where are we going to get a big, giant claw thing?

Peanut: Yeah. Who am I kidding? Besides, Mom won’t let us use heavy machinery. (with Jelly and Butter) Hmmm….

Jelly: Hey! Here’s an idea!

Peanut: Does it involve telling the truth?

Jelly: Maybe.

Peanut: I’ve got a much better idea!

Butter: (shaking head) Ohhh.







PB&J are at Mayor Jeff’s boat



Peanut: Can we borrow this net to clean our swimming pool?

Mayor Jeff: Swimming pool?

Peanut: Yeah, it’s Olympic-sized and very dirty…and sharks.

Mayor Jeff: But, Peanut, you don’t have a pool.

Peanut: Uhhh….gotta go. Thank you!








PB&J are back where the bagpipes remain in the water


Peanut: There, I think I got it. Oh no!

Jelly: You pushed them out into the lake!

Butter: Uh oh!

Peanut: I’m in a world of trouble.

Jelly: Look! The wind is making it float away! We’ve got to follow it!

Peanut: Come back! Come back!

Jelly: Yelling at them won’t do any good, Peanut.

Peanut: I suppose you have a better idea?

Jelly: I do!

Peanut: What?

Jelly: Look. First you stole Dad’s bagpipes…

Peanut: Well, not really. I...

Jelly: Next, you lied so many times I’ve lost count!

Peanut: Just little ones.

Jelly: Now you’re in so much trouble, there’s only one thing left to do.

Peanut: Noodle Dance?

Jelly: No! We’ve got to tell Dad!

Peanut: Yeah. Maybe you’re right.

Jelly: Hey, look! Here comes Dad! Hey, Daddy! Come here! Come here! Peanut has something he wants to tell you!

Butter: Dada!

Peanut: I’m definitely in a world of trouble.

Jelly: You’ll just have to take what comes.






On Ernest’s boat



Peanut: Dad, I’ve done a really bad thing.

Ernest: What’s that, Peanut?

Peanut: Well—




They arrive where the bagpipes are



Jelly: We’re here. Come on, Daddy!

Peanut: Bagpipes ahoy, Dad!

Ernest: I see them, Son. Hang on, everybody. I’m reversing engines and dropping anchor. I knew these would come in handy for something. (picks them up and gets them into the boat)

Peanut: Are the bagpipes alright, Dad?

Ernest: I can’t tell yet, Son.

Peanut: Dad, I’m sorry I took your bagpipes without asking.

Ernest: Thanks for saying so, Peanut.

Peanut: And I never should have lied to the Watchbirds about not seeing it.

Ernest: I bet they’d appreciate an apology, too.

Peanut: Yeah.

Jelly: And while you’re at it, you can apologize to Munchy, and Mayor Jeff, and Flick, and me, and—

Peanut: Okay! I get it.

Jelly: Are they ruined, Daddy?

Ernest: Well, let’s see. Well, I’d say these old bagpipes sound good as new.

Jelly: Uh oh. I think there’s a scratch right there.

Ernest: Hmm. I remember that scratch.

Peanut: You remember it?

Ernest: It’s the one I made when I sneaked these bagpipes away from my dad.

Peanut: You mean you did what I did?

Ernest: Yup. And I tried to lie about it, just like you. It got me grounded for about a week.

Peanut: I guess that’s what lies lead to—a world of trouble.

Ernest: Well, Son, since you’ve figured that much out, I guess you’ve figured out the rest.

Peanut: I’m grounded for a week?

Ernest: Yup.

Peanut: It’s okay, Dad. I deserve it.








At the Otters’ house-boat


Flick: Oh, hello, Mr. Ottter, sir. Can Peanut come out and play? I know he’s grounded all week, but—

Ernest: He’s staying in and playing right now, Flick. Maybe tomorrow, okay?

Flick: Okay.




They sing a song that sounds like this



Oh, you can’t be blue

When you fiddle dee doo

????????

????????

Singing and a’playing

Just me and you




Flick: Cheese and quackers! Peanut can play the bagpipes and he does have a band!



The end

No comments:

Post a Comment